The Civic Spirit Camp Ambassadors program is designed specifically for:
- Camp staff who are of college age and have been on staff at their camp for at least one year.
- Camp staff who are interested in experiential learning and want to hone their programming skills.
- Camp staff who have a particular interest in politics, history, social issues, and public policy.
- Camp staff committed to working with others to help share programmatic success in the area of civic education.
What are the participation expectations?
Civic Spirit Camp Ambassadors will need to attend three virtual meetings this spring and early summer and one in the fall. Dates for the Zoom meetings are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 8, 2024
- Wednesday, May 15, 2024
- Tuesday, June 4, 2024
- Wednesday, September 18, 2024
Over the course of the summer, participants in our program will create and facilitate two civic-related programs for students attending their respective summer camps.
In the fall, Civic Spirit Camp Ambassadors will meet again to reflect on the summer’s programming and experiences, share lessons learned, and relay feedback to one another.
Please fill out this application by Friday, March 22, 2024.
For more information, contact Director of Student Experiences, Hillary Gardenswartz, at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I gain by becoming a Civic Spirit Camp Ambassador?
- Be part of a collaborative of camp professionals interested in civic engagement.
- Collect a stipend of $500 in addition to your camp salary.
- Learn how to help young people make the connection between their American identity and values and the other identities and core values that are essential to who they are.
- Create and facilitate new and exciting experiential programs on relevant civic issues facing your camp community.
How will my camp benefit by having members in the Civic Spirit Camp Ambassador Cohort?
- Experiential civic engagement and programming led by their own staff.
- The support of Civic Spirit’s training and materials to facilitate programs.
- Investment in the growth of leaders committed to American democracy and values.
- Professional development opportunity provided to camp staff at no cost.