We are hiring!
A growing and vital start-up non-profit is seeking a creative professional to join our small, but formidable team.
Civic Spirit partners with diverse faith communities throughout the U.S. to teach civic education for the 21st century. In an era of polarization and a fractured society, we are building bridges, generating cultural transformation, and empowering students coming of age in America to inherit and preserve democracy.
We are looking for a talented, imaginative, and motivated individual to promote the impact of our work through effective and meaningful communication. Specifically, we want to amplify the stories and successes of our educators and students through our website, blog posts, articles, social media, and funder reports.
The content is all there–we just need a powerful way to show it!
- Design beautiful & readable infographics that align with CS mission, objectives, and philosophy.
- Tell the stories of Civic Spirit teachers, classrooms, students projects, and lessons learned to demonstrate how to create meaningful and effective civic learning opportunities.
- Manage website updates using Elementor Plugin for WordPress. This will include enhancing design, layout, and text of existing web pages & blog posts and creating new pages.
- Transform text-based information into beautiful digital and/or print reports and brochures for funders, individual donors, and community partners, as well as images for social media.
- Creative! Creative! Creative! Able to think outside the box.
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, and work on a team.
- Familiar with design software, basic WordPress technology, and WP plugins.
- Experience working with diverse communities across race, ethnicity, and/or religions.
- Comfortable operating within a nonpartisan/bipartisan/multipartisan space.
- This is a part-time contract-based position with a 6-month minimum.
- Expected hours are 5-10 hours/week. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- This position is not eligible for benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Lindsay Bressman: email@example.com