What is this year's topic?
This year’s Delegates will explore: Digital Citizenship
- What does it mean to be a citizen in the digital age?
- How can we become ambassadors for accuracy in digital media?
- How do we navigate sharing our political views online?
- How can we recognize and combat misinformation and disinformation that we see on social media?
- The program is entirely free and Zoom-based.
- Applications are open to students in grades 9 – 12 from Civic Spirit schools.
- The program runs from January-May.
- Delegates participate in two virtual meetings each month and additional committee work.
- You can review the Civic Spirit Conduct and Behavioral Standards here.
What do students gain from the program?
- BUILD relationships with people from different religious, economic, racial, political, ethnic, geographic, and cultural backgrounds.
- LEARN from experts about important civic issues.
- DEVELOP creative and digital media skills.
- PRODUCE content to positively influence the ways people interact online.
Applications are closed for the 2022-23 program. Information about the 2023-24 program will be shared in the summer.