What is this year's topic?
This year’s Delegates will explore: Digital Citizenship
- What does it mean to be a citizen in the digital age?
- How can we become ambassadors for accuracy in digital media?
- How do we navigate sharing our political views online?
- How can we recognize and combat misinformation and disinformation that we see on social media?
- The program is entirely free and Zoom-based.
- Applications are open to students in grades 9 – 12 from Civic Spirit schools.
- The program runs from January-May 2023.
- Delegates should be prepared to participate in two virtual meetings each month and additional committee work.
- You can review the Civic Spirit Conduct and Behavioral Standards here.
What will I gain from the program?
- BUILD relationships with people from different religious, economic, racial, political, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- LEARN from experts about important civic issues.
- DEVELOP your creative and digital media skills.
- PRODUCE content to positively influence the ways people interact online.
Students apply by completing THIS FORM by November 30th, 2022 at 5pm ET. The form will take about 10 minutes to complete.
Teachers can nominate students for the program by completing this nomination form by November 21st.