What are the benefits to students?
- LEARN essential civic skills such as problem solving and oration.
- DEVELOP expertise on a particular civic issue -its history, challenges, and opportunities.
- APPLY their knowledge and skills in meaningful and “real-world” settings.
- BUILD working relationships with people from different religious, economic, racial, political, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
What will students study?
This year’s Civic Spirit Delegates will explore:
- How does the American tax system work and what is the philosophy behind its design?
- What is the relationship between U.S. state and federal tax structures and local economies and communities?
- What should Americans understand about the financial responsibilities of being a citizen?
- The program is entirely free and Zoom-based.
- Applications are open to students in grades 10th – 12th from Civic Spirit schools.
- Delegates should be prepared to participate in two (2) 90-minute virtual meetings each month. Delegates may choose to research, create, and collaborate outside of virtual meeting times as needed.
Students apply by completing THIS FORM by Nov. 18th, 2021 at 5pm EST. The form will take about 10 minutes to complete.
Who do I ask for questions?